1. Not understanding the difference between cooperation and collaboration.
- Focus on wrong social and organizational structures.
2. Not understanding that many of the problems that the industry faces, are wicked problems that cannot be resolved with linear solutions.
- Lack of system thinking.
- Lack of strategic vision.
3. Approaching BIM and integrated processes as technology.
- Focus on 3D not on Integrated Decision Making
- Reliance on and fear of changing legacy systems and processes.
- Not understanding of the power of Open Standards and interoperability.
- Requiring systems that are more complex, more finished and more difficult than necessary.
4. Focus on ‘What’s in it for Me?’
- Focusing on one’s niche to the exclusion of others.
- Traditional specialization is no longer the ideal approach. Mastery coupled with broad interests and curiosity rule today.
5. Focus on Integrated Project Delivery as an end-product
- Focus on Projects is too limited.
- Lack of a long view